*** All Candidates must submit a cover letter in addition to a C.V. ***
Please email email@example.com if you have trouble uploading your cover letter.
The Chief of Staff will report directly to the President/ CEO of Community Health Center, Inc. The Community Health Center is a health system focused on primary care, research and education with offices in Connecticut, Colorado and California. Innovations developed by its affiliate organizations have been implemented in 37 states with continued expansion in progress. This strategic position focuses on ensuring the organization’s senior leadership is supported in executing on their objectives. Being effective in this role requires a natural aptitude for communication and building strong, trusting partnerships across the organization. The Chief of Staff will help formulate internal communications as well as represent the President/CEO and Senior Vice President in a variety of business settings. This position requires a smart and emotionally intelligent individual who operates effectively in a fast-moving, dynamic environment. This person must have a strong understanding and background in technology, finance and operations. They will anticipate needs and demands and work to provide logical, innovative, and creative solutions independently. S/he will be expected to communicate changes in prioritization and decision-making efficiently, and be capable of carrying out multiple projects while effectively prioritizing tasks according to the needs of the CEO and the organization. The Chief of Staff represents the office of the CEO while attending meetings with various department heads, coordinating among different areas of the business, and generally helping to implement the visions of senior executives within the rest of the CHC. S/he also acts as the manager of managers for the senior leadership team, acting when required as a communications and organizational conduit.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with the CEO, Senior VP and senior leadership on positioning the institution with civic, government and business leadership.
- Provides a strategic sounding board to the CEO and Senior VP to ensure goals and objective are being achieved, and priorities are being communicated effectively
- Monitors strategic cross-functional initiatives, projects, and commitments most important to the leadership team
- Assesses opportunities and risks and present them to leadership
- Provides executive-level support to top decision-makers and project managers
- Attends meetings and monitors projects
- Evaluates if strategic projects are being executed in an efficient, cost-effective manner
- Participates on behalf of the CEO in the strategic planning process and the implementation of strategic initiatives
- Monitors progress of key initiatives and priorities
- Tracks and reports on results and challenges
- Meets regularly with members of the leadership team, receives progress reports based on organizational initiatives and direction
- Keeps team focused and executing on organizational priorities
- Collaborates with Communications Department for all internal and external communication
- Ensures consistency of messages
- Responds to questions and concerns coming to the CEO’s Office
- With the operations staff, assesses the efficiency of business operations from behind the scenes
- Interacts with internal staff members to conduct and oversee preparation of CEO briefing materials
- Oversees the organization of meetings, conferences, and receptions with external partners
- Composes and manages correspondence dealing with issues or subject matter that is highly sensitive and confidential
- Assesses leadership and management in all areas of staffing and personnel, administration, project completion
- Coordinates CEO’s interactions internally and externally
- Represents the CEO and serves as needed on boards, committees, and task forces
- Manages the CEO’s Office, including supervising personnel and managing the office budget
- Monitors budgets and tracks spending
- Creates executive summaries and briefs the CEO on specific issues and projects
- Coordinates travel and meeting schedule for the CEO and office, including transportation, accommodations and material preparation, and other such needs as they arise
- Master’s degree in health care or a related field (MBA, MHA) required. Three years of health care management experience required.
- Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations. Experience with health care operations.
- Demonstrated superior understanding of organizational goals and objectives.
- Very strong communication skills – writing, oral, and listening.
- Demonstrates the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously mixing long-term projects with the urgency of immediate operating demands.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to deal with highly confidential information and to act as a liaison between the CEO and other constituencies, both internal and external.
- Must exhibit the skills to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capacity to interact with all levels throughout the organization.
- Must demonstrate unimpeachable integrity.
- Keen judgment and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully evaluate quality of possible staff members and contractors.
- Proficient in Excel or other relational database software.