**Position is 24 hours--12 in Enfield/12 in MIddletown clinic**
A Clinical Outpatient Dietitian at CHC, Inc. is responsible for the nutrition care and management of patients at their respective sites. This includes accurate nutrition assessment, identification of drug-nutrient interactions, and effective Medical Nutrition Therapy for various medical conditions. All dietitians are required to lead groups, provide nutrition education to agency staff, and participate in community outreach as needed. Dietitians at CHC are encouraged to practice at the top of their license.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide effective nutrition counseling utilizing the Nutrition Care Process.
- Counsel a variety of medically complex patients utilizing appropriate Medical Nutrition Therapy based on the patient’s medical needs
- Lead nutrition groups, including Food Smart and Fit ™ at respective sites. Provide direct care to patients in multiple CHC sites if called upon to do so.
- Support and champion community education as well as direct clinical intervention Provide community outreach and nutritional education to other social/community service agencies, including Diabetes Awareness Day, National Nutrition Month, Health Fairs, etc.
- Develop and institute a plan of care in collaboration with the client and health care provider
- Present in-service education for agency staff
- Document nutritional assessment and plan of care accurately
- Report granting information as needed
- Maintain continuing education credits (75 in a 5 year cycle) to maintain RD (RDN) designation
- Present case presentations and participate in peer reviews at monthly RD meeting
- Effective and timely use of electronic health records for all medical charting
- Promote the tenets of a Patient Centered Medical Home focusing on the importance of nutrition in preventative medicine
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Primarily sedentary; one-to-one counseling.
Confidentiality of Information
Confidentiality of business information is a requirement. Confidentiality must be maintained according to CHC policies
- Baccalaureate degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics, Nutrition Sciences, Human Nutrition or comparable majors required.
- Successful completion of a CADE accredited dietetic internship of no less than 900 hours under the supervision of a Registered Dietitian.
- Master’s degree in Clinical Nutrition, Public Health, Community Nutrition, or comparable major preferred
- Two years in an acute care or outpatient clinic where Medical Nutrition Therapies are provided with one year supervisory experience preferred; experience may be waived for specific positions and experiences.
- Clinical Nutrition
- Community Nutrition
- Outpatient counseling in both one-to-one and group settings.
- Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist (RD, RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist (CDN) by the Connecticut Department of Health