The Associate Director for Research is responsible for providing leadership and supporting the growth and development of the Weitzman Institute’s (WI) research team. WI is Community Health Center’s (CHCIs) dedicated research, innovation, education arm, committed to strengthening primary care for the underserved. With offices in Middletown, CT, Denver, CO and Newport Beach, CA Weitzman is rapidly expanding its reach and the depth and breadth of its work around the country and now collaborates with provides support services to practices in all 50 states and Puerto Rico.
The Associate Director for Research is expected to work closely with the Director and with the staff of WI and CHCI to promote research in areas that are in alignment with Weitzman’s mission, and to promote the growth, nurturing, and development of partnerships to further its research work. In addition, the Associate Director will work closely with WI’s regional and national academic partners to cultivate opportunities for student education and mentoring in community-based research.
• Work with WI staff and outside collaborators to expand the research program through grant support, collaboration with other academic entities, and further development of internal CHCI and WI staff.
• Lead formal research efforts focused on areas and topics in alignment with Weitzman’s overall mission and strategic plan.
• Strengthen WI’s ties with regional academic centers in Connecticut and Colorado including Quinnipiac University, UCONN, Yale, University of Denver, and University of Colorado to expand opportunities for graduate and post graduate research and mentoring.
• Build and strengthen WI’s ties and linkages with national academic organizations
• Interpret, support and execute department policies and procedures.
• Support the achievement of Weitzman goals as outlined in its Strategic Plan
• Work closely with CHCI’s finance department regarding grant budgets and salary allocations for research staff
• Work closely with CHCI’s human resources departments regarding recruitment and management of all research staff
• Provide support and mentoring to CHCI staff to help in developing their research interests and capabilities.
• Manage contractual relations with affiliated researchers working with WI
Formal Education & Certification: Doctoral training in health-related field
Knowledge & Experience: Knowledge and experience in research. Strong academic track obtaining grants, serving as principal investigator, conducting research studies, publishing and presenting research findings.
• Extremely high integrity.
• Strong planning, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Clear, concise and persuasive writing, communication and presentation skills.
• An orientation to deadlines and details.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with employees at diverse levels.
• Excellent and detailed research and analytical skills.
• Decisive and exercises good judgment under pressure.
• Ability to manage a diverse and demanding workload.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and stressful environment. .
• Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
Board of Directors
All levels of internal employees.
Community contact including government leaders.
- Weitzman Institute has headquarter locations in Middletown, Connecticut, Denver, Colorado and Newport Beach, California
Works primarily in a moderately sedentary environment. Physical effort generally involves occasional walking between building sites and frequent travel to all locations.
WORK SCHEDULE DEMANDS
As a member of Senior Management, the position requires a commitment beyond a regular 8-hour work day. Early morning and/or evening hours may be required. Occasional weekend hours may also be necessary.
CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION
Confidentiality of business and patient information is a requirement. Confidentiality must be maintained according to CHC policies.