- MD or OD with 4+yrss of approved Psychiatric residency.
- Board eligibility or Board Certification in Psychiatry.
- License to practice Psychiatry in Connecticut.
- Preferably experienced in HIV Related Mental Health and Treatment Services and bilingual/bicultural.
- Drive automobile for home visits, outside agency consults, and meetings
- Bilingual/bicultural preferred
Specific Responsibilities and General Duties:
- Supervises, as appropriate, the delivery of biopsychosocial evaluations, individual and group psychotherapy and psychoeducational interventions and other treatment modalities provided by the system.
- Participates in teaching and learning new psychiatric techniques and interventions
- Resort to the use of Physician Emergency Certificate to detain a patient as indicated.
- Use emergency psychiatric medications cautiously and only in accordance with relevant statutes.
- May similarly order restraint and seclusion and supervise care under these conditions
- May order relevant lab tests and procedures with appropriate consent, to help in the diagnosis or management of patient’s condition
- Expected to be proficient in the use of psychopharmacology.
- Collaborate with non-psychiatric practitioners in the provision of mental health care.
- Have obligations for careful infection control, risk management and peer review.
- Mental Health documentation must meet all regulatory requirements made by licensing and third party agencies.
- Uses state-of-the-art knowledge, relating research and current clinical knowledge to the actual practice of psychiatry to improve patient outcomes and reduce complications.
- Collaborates with workers from other mental health disciplines in providing quality evaluation, treatment planning and care and improving the outcomes of patient care.
- Coordinates with other medical specialties in the detection and treatment of psychiatric patients’ non-psychiatric medical or surgical conditions.
Confidentiality of Information:
- Mental Health/HIV information is kept in strict confidence
- Moderate. Long Hours sitting. Driving to outside agency meetings and consultations. Environment pleasant.
- Competencies in the diagnosis and treatment of neuropsychiatric and behavioral disorders.
- Must maintain a competent or above rating on the performance qualities/competencies identified in the performance evaluation tool.