The EHR & Health Applications Analyst (HAA) is responsible for supporting the electronic health record, practice management system, and other health applications implemented at CHCI. Other health applications include, but are not limited to the patient portal, CHCI’s centralized scheduling system, and emerging technologies. The HAA utilizes knowledge of CHCI’s clinical or business requirements, health application capabilities, and his/her technical skills to implement, upgrade, and support applications. The HAA is responsible for ensuring data integrity for reporting requirements and works closely with the Business Intelligence team on collecting data and developing reports. The HAA acts as a liaison between internal departments including Information Technology, Medical, Dental, and Behavioral Health Leadership, and the Weitzman Institute for Innovations and Primary Care. The HAA is also responsible for coordinating communication between vendors and outside agencies to internal CHCI departments. The HAA provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organization’s mission of utilizing health information technology to improve patient care.
The Health Applications Analyst also dedicates time to continuous Quality Improvement initiatives and operations at CHCI. The HAA is dedicated to monitoring the centralized scheduling system, NOVO, with a team on a weekly basis. Responsibilities with NOVO include reviewing positive and negative feedback from staff to drive system improvements. The HAA is also responsible for quality assurance among front-line staff members by following up with staff and their managers as directed. The HAA strives to study, test, and implement technologies that will improve clinical and business workflows. Improvements in workflows and the health information technologies are also expected to assist CHCI in achieving state and national standards including PCMH, Meaningful Use, and other initiatives.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates knowledge of health application functions including, but not limited to eClinicalWorks EMR and Centricity Practice Solutions
- Demonstrates knowledge of NOVO, and supports users in the application; communicates with and supports clinical staff that submits feedback regarding NOVO.
- Reviews feedback and reported application errors regarding NOVO, eCW and others
- Assists with NOVO application development when system-wide operational enhancements can be made for specific departments
- Demonstrates knowledge of and assists users with upgrade and application changes
- Serves as a liaison between users, the health applications, IT, and leadership teams
- Works closely with the Business Intelligence team on application development and reporting
- Evaluates requests for system modifications and enhancements; makes modifications and thoroughly tests before moving to production
- Provide assistance to other Application Analysts and other team members as necessary.
- Encourage, assist and foster development of co-workers’ skills and proficiency
- Participate in ongoing Quality Improvement efforts at CHCI
- Understand the requirements of the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) application and work to assist the practice in meeting those standards.
- Achieve in-depth knowledge of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) EHR Incentives Program and assist in implementing technologies that allow eligible providers to receive incentives for meaningful use of the EHR.
- Maintains Customer satisfaction up to and including taking complaint
Required Skills and Education
- Minimum of an Assoc degree / Bachelors degree preferred
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records Systems
- Must have strong analytical skills and be adept at transforming strategic vision into an operational model
- Process/procedure development, implementation and improvement skills
- Application implementation, troubleshooting, testing, and support experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and rapport-building skills up to and including end users and vendors
- Strong desktop skills including Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Project Management skills (ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflict, maintain issues list, and manage a project plan)
- Complies with and ensures annual trainings protocols are followed regarding workplace safety procedures
- Knowledge of eClinicalWorks EMR highly preferred
- Knowledge of Centricity Practice Solutions
- Experience in primary care practices or outpatient/ambulatory care
- Experience with medical, dental, and behavioral health workflows and technology
- Knowledge and understanding of PCMH requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of EHR Incentive Program requirements
- Experience in Quality Improvement efforts
- Superior judgment, negotiation, and decision-making skills
- Presentation skills
Physical Requirement / Work Environment
- Minimal physical effort. Must be able to operate computer and telephone continuously. Regional travel as necessary.