**Full Time Opportunity--4 Days in Middletown and 1 in Bristol clinic** Requires one Saturday per month 8- 4 pm
- Support primary care of patients under planned care model. Collaborates with PCP to identify needs for preventive care, evidence based chronic disease care, and care coordination.. Provides general and specific health care education. Works with patients to identify and monitor self management goals. Collaborates care with other community based providers. Follows up on emergency room visits and hospital discharges. Assists providers with exams, treatments, and procedures as needed.
- Ensures safe, accurate, clinically appropriate collection, storage, and processing of all biologic specimens. Administers medications, including vaccines and immunizations, orally, subcutaneously, intramuscularly, intradermly, by nasal or rectal route, or via nebulizer at the order of prescribing provider and under standing orders as established by CHCI. . Adheres to CHC protocols regarding documentation of medication, route, dosage, and information provided to patient. Monitors patient response to medication based on specific medication administered; detects, reports, and responds to any adverse reaction. Provides patient education as appropriate to the administered medication.
- Performs wide range of nursing activities as needed and after initial prescription by primary care provider such as wound care, catheterization, etc. Accurately documents all aspects of patient care in the medical chart on a timely basis. Schedules tests and referrals for specialty care on order of provider.
- Maintains strict infection control standards in accord with CHCI protocols and universal precautions OSHA and CLIA standards.
- Acts as a resource person for medical assistants regarding patient preparation, needs and procedures needed.
- Monitors and ensures follow up of all abnormal Pap Smear results, STDs, lead screens and other tests and screens performed at CHCI.
- Oversees the maintenance of supplies and equipment, ordering supplies as necessary.
- Maintains compliance with agency mandatory annual training (Patient Safety, Abuse, Age Based Competencies, EOC, Abuse trainings, etc.)
- Expert use of electronic health record to ensure timely, safe, confidential storage and retrieval of patient information