The Manager, Compliance and Regulatory Programs is responsible for ensuring full compliance with state and federal programs and entities and their related standards, monitoring, updating and revising policy to conform with new regulations and changes in standards, educating staff to these standards, and implementing and monitoring compliance with all requirements of each program.
- Designs and implements programs, policies, and practices to ensure that all departments comply with HRSA Health Center requirements, Joint Commission, PCMH, FTCA, OPA (340b program) DPH, DMHAS, DCF
- Leads organization’s efforts to prepare for, experience, and respond to any necessary follow up of both announced and unannounced site visits
- Maintains compliance with other federal, state, and local regulatory requirements as applicable
- Tracks laws and regulations that might affect the organization's policies and procedures
- Establishes and implements an effective compliance program with related regulations and standards will be part of a team that develops relationships within the organization to ensure effective communication and partnership /cooperation in the federal guidance/legislation process.
- Collaborates with business leaders to evaluate proposed rules and assess, develop, or participate in, as appropriate, regulatory advocacy approach
- Coordinates with others, as appropriate, to resolve highly complex or unusual business problems impacted by proposed or final regulatory action or inaction affecting major functions or disciplines
- Identifies proactive agenda and business interests impacted by regulatory actions
Requirements & Qualifications
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed:
- Bachelor's degree, Advanced degree preferred. Healthcare background required.
- 5+ years of experience in a health care regulatory or legal environment
- 5+ years of experience working with Federal Programs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills across business groups internally and outside the organization
- Managed care, and/or compliance expertise
- Legislative or public policy experience