The HRIS Analyst primary focus is to provide the support and maintenance of the Human Resource Management System (HRMS) in addition to other systems supported by the HRIS team. This individual serves as a technical point-of-contact for assigned functional areas and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The HRIS Analyst also supports HRMS upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned as well as assists in resolving HR issues with the proper system improvements and technology. This HRIS analyst will support our organization on all WorkDay related projects, applications, implementations and configurations.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. System Maintenance: Assist in the review, testing and implementation of HRMS system upgrades or patches. Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix. Maintain HRMS system tables. Role will need to be savvy and experienced with WorkDay (Workday certified preferred ), in order to support the agency, and its departments, in a capacity of modules - Compensation, Benefits, Recruiting & others.
2. Production Support: Provides support for HRMS including, but not limited to, researching and resolving HRMS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
3. Projects/Process Improvement: Recommends process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy that must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation. Serves as a key liaison with third parties and other stakeholders (e.g. payroll, IT, ). May provide overall project oversight for any given HRMS initiative.
4. Reports/Queries: Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
5. Training: Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Train employees on new processes/functionality where applicable. Train new system users.
6. Individual Development: Maintain awareness of current trends in HRMS with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Examine trends in information systems training, materials and techniques. Through classes, reading, or other mechanisms, continuously increases both HR knowledge and HRIS application/tools knowledge. Participate in user group meetings/conferences.
· Bachelor’s degree - Required, (preferably in computer science or related field)
· 2-4 years of HRIS or HR generalist or specialist experience, with 1+ years of project management experience a plus. Systems implementation experiences a plus.
· Strong understanding of HR processes and data, including eligibility and enrollment rules, and benefit procedures in order to ensure correct implementation.
· Strong understanding of HRMS database design, structure, functions and processes, and experience with databases tools.
· Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with an HRMS such as Workday, PeopleSoft, Lawson or ADP
· Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills.
· Previous exposure to project-related activities through active participation in system-related projects.
· Proven ability to collaborate with all levels of employees
· Strong organization and prioritizing skills with attention to detail.
· Knowledge of HR laws and current practices
· Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently; can anticipate needs and work proactively
· Interpersonal, collaboration and team skills
· Adaptable and able to respond to changing priorities.
· Valid Driver’s license
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to travel within the region to other sites, as needed, however main office location will be located in Meriden, CT.
- Must be able to type and manage computer, laptop and basic office equipment
- Must be able to speak to groups and individuals about projects and other HRIS related assignments