The Senior Research Associate (SRA) is assigned to support a range of research projects and conduct independent research and program development activities. The SRA will be responsible for the management of existing funded projects and seek funding to support organizational priorities. This position is expected to secure funding to support and conduct independent research, qualitative and quantitative research, data analysis and biostatistical evaluation. The SRA will prepare grant proposal, manuscripts, serve as co-principal investigator or PI depending on project scope or supportive role to research associates. The SRA is expected to work in an interdisciplinary team environment and collaborate with WI leadership and faculty.
- Works under general supervision of Associate Director of WI
- Conducts independent research projects
- Participates in research meetings with program coordinators, research assistants and associates
- Oversees and coordinates all manuscript development for WI staff
- Prepares presentations, abstracts and manuscripts reporting results of research projects
- Supports research assistants and associates with abstract, poster and manuscript preparation
- Facilitates and leads debrief meetings related to grants, projects, manuscript with attention to project milestones and timelines
- Manages all aspects of assigned grants/projects including preparation, planning, implementation, reporting, analysis and final report/manuscript preparation
- Works in collaboration with Director of Education to support and mentor students conducting research projects at Weitzman Institute
- Performs biostatistical analysis and data quality checks for WI staff
- Writes technical reports detailing procedures, outcomes, and observations.
- Utilizes established mathematical and scientific techniques to compile and analyze data
- Expand the research and evaluation for Weitzman Institute’s network of collaborators, investigators, and research partners at a state and national level
- Must be able to independently travel to events throughout the region independently
- Must be able to communicate verbally.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods while working at a computer.
WORK SCHEDULE DEMANDS
Full-time, with occasional mornings, evenings and weekends as needed.
Excellent oral and written skills are required.
Ability to communicate and collaborate in a team environment
CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION
Confidentiality of business information is a requirement. Confidentiality must be maintained according to CHC policies.