This is a full time position supporting our CHC Stamford site - providing individual, family and group psychotherapy with children and/or adults. It is responsible for initial behavioral health evaluations. Coordination with community agencies, and it may clinically supervise unlicensed staff or students.
Successful applicant must possess:
- Ph.D. /Psy.D, LCSW, LPC or LMFT degree
- Licensed in the State of Connecticut.
- Minimum of two years of experience with outpatients including experience with children and/or adults.
- Theoretical orientation consistent with brief, problem-focused therapy.
- Reliable access to an automobile or reliable access to transportation to outside agency consults, meetings and home visits.
- Written and oral bilingual fluency in language spoken by patient population (for example, English/Spanish) preferred.
- Completes initial behavioral health evaluations; individual, group and family psychotherapy with children and/or adults in an outpatient clinic. Will be expected to run at least five (5) groups for each week of direct clinical work.
- Practices as part of an interdisciplinary, inter-professional team, accepting “warm hand offs” from primary care providers and other members of the health care team as well as reaching in to the patient population to identify patients potentially in need of behavioral health services as flagged by the BH clinical dashboard.
- Consults with providers within and outside the agency regarding the treatment plan and progress of the patients.
- Shares in the Behavioral Health On-Call for after-hours coverage and daily clinic call.
- Coordinates as needed with psychiatric consultants for diagnostic and consultative needs; refers as necessary for medication management.
- Attends clinical Team Meetings as assigned and Component Meetings.
- Attends clinical supervision.
- Clinically supervises unlicensed Behavioral Health staff as assigned.
- Meets productivity standards as outlined annually during employees performance appraisal review with a focus on quality clinical care.
Work Schedule Expectations
- Must be available to work one evening and one Saturday per month, as well as to participate in on call after hour’s coverage.