Full Time Dentist Opportunity in Meriden clinic.
Provides diagnosis and treatment planning of routine and emergency dental patients. Provides general dentistry services to target population according to the mission and goals of CHC. Assists with orientation, training & development of dental clinical personnel (includes students, residents).
- Provides appropriate diagnosis and treatment planning of routine and emergency dental problems. Makes appropriate referral of patients to specialist or alternative providers, as needed.
- Provides routine comprehensive and emergency dental treatment with emphasis on preventive care. Provides the most appropriate services, based on patients’ dental, medical and financial status. Meets quarterly productivity targets (two patients per hour).
- Maintains accurate documentation of all dental services, by completion of the encounter form at the end of each visit and the dental record by the end of each day. Completes timely and accurate laboratory prescriptions to ensure the proper completion of prosthetic cases.
- Ensures strict compliance with safety and infection control standards by self and other dental team members. Ensures continuous maintenance of dental facility and equipment by appropriate dental team members.
- Provide diagnosis, treatment and referral for dental emergencies, after hours, for CHC patients, via on-call service. Provides timely response to calls and document results.
- Maintains open communication with Dental Director, Site Director, Practice Manager and other staff. Participates in clinical staff training, evaluation of and assessment of dental services and quality assurance program. Participates in continuing education activities to improve clinical dental skills.
- Exhibits excellent communication and customer service skills to external and internal customers at all times, with a focus on quality of care and teamwork that focuses on the needs of the department and/or the business of the Agency.