The Lead Service Desk Analyst role oversees all 1st & 2nd level support needs of the agency’s desktops, laptops, mobile devices, network, telecommunications systems and all Microsoft based software. Responsible for managing the IT Service Desk’s ticketing systems including escalation, prioritization and dispatching of staff for resolution and ongoing maintenance. Ensures adherence to service level agreements and KPI metrics and standards.
The candidate will also oversee the IT onboarding and off-boarding process by managing the ordering, configuration, setup, and tracking of required devices, licenses, supplies, and software to ensure within the agreed upon time frames with CHC management.
Strategy & Planning
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning in relation to on and off boarding requirements to support the agency growth and meet service level agreements within timeframes specified.
- Assist in the development of short-long term strategies for enhancing the Service Desktop operations and processes including the tools and software to support the growth of the agency
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conducts research on products in support of equipment procurement and deployment efforts. Evaluates and recommends products for purchase to improve service delivery and reliability.
- Orders technical specifications for purchasing of PCs, laptops, desktop hardware and related products.
- Perform on site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex IT Hardware/Software problems, and recommend, document and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Train and mentor IT Service Desk staff on best practice and technology management
- Supervises the building and updating of IT device images and related software updates across IT areas by working in coordination with Infrastructure, Security and Application teams in testing and validating builds prior to deployment.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, and troubleshoot end-user equipment and related hardware and software in order to maintain or exceed required service levels.
- Collaborate with Security, Infrastructure and Applications teams to ensure efficient operation of the company’s computing environment.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding IT issues or problems in a timely manner
- Prepare tests and applications for monitoring service desk and equipment performance, then provide performance statistics and reports.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring Desktop/ laptop devices.
- Maintain and track inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, network cards, and other components and equipment across the agency ensuring inventory accurately reflects movement and redeployment of equipment.
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Order and receive equipment and maintain inventory stock for repairs and maintenance
- Maintain ticketing system to accurately reflect status of IT tickets. Closed tickets include detailed resolution Participate in performance improvements activities to improve service, efficiency, and reduce costs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Required Skills and Education
- Assoc Degree at a minimum, required / Bachelors Preferred
- 5+ year experience
- Excellent customer service skills and attitude
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Active Directory, Exchange, WSUS, Group Policy, Symantec suite and 3rd party client management tools.
- Detail oriented and ability to track and communicate across the user base
- Demonstrated the ability to multitask and follow through on longer term objectives
- Strong communication skills. Excellent oral and written skills are required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Software & Healthcare Applications
- Ability to maintain priority and focus, yet flexible enough to alter when called upon
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of information according to CHC policies
- Ability to travel to CHC sites as needed to perform the job