Specific Responsibilities and General Duties:
- Assesses clients referred for evaluation and treatment by primary care providers or by LCSWs in primary care centers of school based health centers of CHCI.
- Prescribes medication as needed and monitors client response to medication in coordination with the client’s primary therapist.
- Provides client hours at least one evening session per week or as needed
- Participates in multidisciplinary team and other Behavioral Health departmental meetings (including the Performance Improvement Committee) as assigned.
- Consults with CHC Medical providers concerning psychotropic medication of their clients.
- Coordinates with community providers involved in the care of Behavioral Health clients (with the client’s signed consent).
- May order relevant lab tests and procedures with appropriate consent, to help in the diagnosis or management of patient’s condition. Receives and reviews lab reports, providing feedback to clients and/or consultation to primary therapist as needed.
- Expected to be proficient in the use of psychopharmacology.
- Behavioral Health documentation must meet all regulatory requirements made by licensing and third party agencies and must be accordance with CHC Behavioral Health Policy and Procedures.
- Uses state-of-the-art knowledge, relating research and current clinical knowledge to the actual practice of psychiatry to improve patient outcomes and reduce complications.
- Coordinates with other medical specialties in the detection and treatment of psychiatric patients’ non-psychiatric medical or surgical conditions.
- Complies with collaborative agreement requirements with psychiatrists as required by state law.
Confidentiality of Information:
- Full access to patient’s electronic health record.